Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. Recently EPFO had made some changes for the betterment of the employees who are contributing some amount from their salary in EPFO.
Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has launched a new portal called Universal Account Number (UAN) it helps the employees to manage their Provident Fund contributions without any difficulty.
UAN (Universal Account Number) is a 12 digits unique code that assigns to all the employees who contribute to the EPFO and the main objective of this UAN is to link all PF accounts on one account.
Login into EPF Member Portal
Here is step by step process to login into EPF UAN Member Portal
- Go to the official website https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
- Open the member of Employee Provident Fund
- Fill all the required details like name, mobile number, and document type, in the main page for registration
- Ensure that you have selected correct document type as you have to login into the portal using the same details given to you
- Suppose if you want to register into the portal using your Pan Card, then you have to select PAN Number in the option “Select Any One Documents” and enter your PAN Card number
- Verify all the details once, before submitting
- After submitting, the Authorized PIN will be generated to your mobile
- Enter the authorized PIN, to complete the registration.
- That’s it!! Once after successful registration, you can log in to EPFO Member Portal
Here is a list of the significance of EPF Member Portal Login
- Employees may add many ID Number, But you need to use anyone with your mobile number to login into the EPFO member portal
- Employees should use only one mobile number for registration.
- If you desire to view your inoperative accounts, you have to make an official request to display inoperative accounts may be provided after a request for the same is made through official channels. Note this facility is not available for current members of organizations (establishments) that have an exemption as per EPF Scheme 1952.
- You can view your EPF account passbook after registering yourself.
- As a registered member, you can view only one account under one employer. If you have more than one account under a single employer, you should apply for a transfer by filling in the required details in Form 13.
- You can view up to 10 accounts under different organizations (establishments). There is no restriction on the number of times you can view all the accounts.
- You need not create any user id and password. You only have to use your mobile number and anyone identification proof such as Aadhar, PAN, National Population Register, Voter ID, driving license and passport to register and log in.