Employee Provident Fund Organisation has launched several facilities to check epf balance on mobile. EPF balance is the amount present in your EPF account. In 2013 EPF introduce an online platform for the epf balance enquiry. Each and every employee has maintained the EPF account for their future use.
EPFO balance enquiry through UAN portal:
This is the most common method and many individuals will use this UAN portal to check PF Account balance. UAN is the different and unique number given by the EPF for each employee. UAN number will be constant, in case if you change to other company
Once after activation of your UAN, you will get the monthly SMS about PF contribution also the recent balance check. Register with UAN member portal and get the regular EPF balance SMS. For first-time users SMS may take nearly 45 days.
Process to check EPF balance on mobile SMS
- Visit the epfo member portal
- the UAN activation option and UAN login option will appear on the home page
- Enter your UAN number and password which you have created at the time of activating UAN members
- Click on the sign in button
- Click on the PF account balance or UAN statement
- You can view it online or take printout, download and send it to your email id
- By this UAN portal activation, you can also get the SMS alerts to your registered mobile number
Check EPF balance through UAN based member passbook:
You can download your passbook through EPFO portal. This page is designed for downloading the EPF passbook. UAN portal registered members download the passbook and this passbook will available on the next day after registration at the member portal
- Visit the epfo member portal, Click on the e-passbook option
- Then the Member passbook facility page displayed as shown below
- Enter your UAN number and password
- Click on Login button, You will see the button with your EPF account number and click it
- Now you see your EPF passbook in PDF formate. You can download this file for the future reference
- By this EPF passbook, you will get the monthly basis statement
EPFO balance enquiry through Missed call service:
For this service, you don’t need the smartphone. This is one of the easiest methods to check your EPF balance. This service is totally free of cost. Once you gave a missed call, after a few minutes you would receive the SMS.
- Give the missed call to this number 011 2290 1406
- The call will disconnects after two rings automatically
- Within a few minutes you would receive an SMS from the EPFO. And this sms have your details like: Your UAN, KYC status, PF balance Your date of birth, Last contribution
- The SMS displays the details about the latest PF balance. If in case there is any wrong information about your date of birth. You should correct it
Check Your EPFO Account balance through SMS:
You can also check your EPF balance by sending the SMS to the below-mentioned number. The message should similar to the missed call service. You can also get every transaction alerts also monthly transaction statement details by SMS
- Universal account number is compulsory for epfo balance inquiry through SMS for the registered number
- Just sent SMS as EPFOHOUAN<ENG> to 7738 299 899 from your UAN registered mobile number
- You can also find the EPF balance details in different languages like Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, English and more
These are the several ways to check your epf balance inquiry. Hope this article is helpful to you. Please share your suggestions and experiences with us.